Light & Land
About our Tours and Workshops
- From worldwide tours to one day workshops
Our mission is not simply to improve your photography skills and make sure you have a great time whilst you're with us, but also to pass on our enthusiasm and inspire you to reach new creative heights.
What to expect from a Light and Land tour:
- Experience and expertise from some of the UK's leading landscape photographers
- Inside knowledge of the best locations, viewpoints and lighting conditions
- A flexible approach that offers as much or as little attention as you require
- Constructive post-shoot critique and advice sessions, whenever possible
- The opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with like-minded enthusiasts
With more than 25 years experience leading over 500 tours around the world, we can offer you endless photographic possibilities.
We have many of the UK’s finest photography tutors including Charlie Waite, Joe Cornish, Antony Spencer, Phil Malpas, Clive Minnitt, Doug Chinnery and many more exceptional landscape photographers with a huge range of knowledge.
What do you need?
- You need only bring your camera and an open mind.
- We will provide you with the knowledge, the views and the techniques for making the most of the light.
- You are the absolute priority and will not be left to fend for yourself, our leaders will be on hand to give you as much or as little personal attention as you would like.
We want you to go home from one of our tours or workshops feeling that you have been to some fantastic places, met some great people and had a fabulous time - but also most importantly, that you have learnt something new and exciting about photography.
Our repeat business figures speak for themselves
- 93% of clients book again
- Over 200 clients have travelled with us more than four times and one intrepid client has travelled with us over 50 times!
- To find out more please have a look at our Testimonials page.
Meet the Team
We're a small but extremely warm and helpful bunch here at Light and Land HQ. Our little office is nestled in the North Dorset countryside, beside the river Stour and our vocal neighbours include ducks, swans, geese as well as Charlie's lovely rescue dogs, who are always popping in to see us for a cuddle and a dog treat! Our aim is always to put you first and inspire you to improve your photography skills, whatever your level. If you're passing this way do stop by for a cuppa.
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 for 'Light and Land', and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
1. non-flight packages commencing in the and returning to the uk;
2. non-flight packages commencing and returning to a country other than the UK; and
3. flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the UK, which are sold to customers outside of the UK.
1,2 and 3 provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled. 1 and 3 provides repatriation. Please note that bookings made outside of the UK are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with 'Light and Land'.