Light & Land
Call us on 01747 835608
About our Tours and Workshops
26 years in business, with a master at the helm! You're in safe hands!
Light and Land celebrated their 25th annivesary in 2018 and are proud to say we are Europe's premier photography tour company. Created in 1993 by Charlie Waite and Sue Bishop, two passionate talented photographers and leaders in their field who wanted to pass on their knowledge of photography, we've grown from strength to strength. With a 93% repeat booking rate, we're pretty proud!
Charlie Waite the co-founder is recognised as one of the world's leading landscape photographers. He was awarded a Direct Fellowship by The Royal Photographic Society. In the Millennium year Charlie Waite was awarded the prestigious honorary fellowship to the British Institute of Professional Photographers and in early 2007 he was presented with Amateur Photography’s 'Power of Photography Award', which is given to a photographer whose work is deemed to effectively demonstrate the powerful and memorable images of which photography is capable.
Over the last twenty-five years, Charlie has lectured throughout the UK, Europe and the US. He has held numerous exhibitions all over the world, including London, Tokyo, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Bielsko-Biała, New York and California and has published many books and DVDs. His work is held in private collections worldwide.
Charlie is as passionate now about teaching as when he set up Light and Land and continues to teach regularly on workshops and plays an active role in the running of the company with his team.
From worldwide tours to one day workshops
Our mission is not simply to improve your photography skills and make sure you have a great time whilst you're with us, but also to pass on our enthusiasm and inspire you to reach new creative heights. From complete beginners to professionals, we cater for all abilities.
What to expect from a Light and Land tour:
- Experience and expertise from the UK's leading landscape photographers, on hand 24-7 to help and guide you
- Expert inside knowledge of the best locations, viewpoints and lighting conditions
- A flexible approach that offers as much or as little attention as you require
- Constructive post-shoot critique and advice sessions, whenever possible
- We can educate and inspire you so you go away brimming with ideas and confidence in your photography
- The opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with like-minded enthusiasts
- Always staying at warm and friendly hotels with excellent facilities
- Rated 5 stars on Trip Advisor by our clients
- We are part of The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT), this provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
- We are a member of AITO (Association of Independent Tour Operators) Read more...
With almost 25 years experience leading over 500 tours around the world, we can offer you endless photographic possibilities.
We have many of the UK’s finest photography tutors including Charlie Waite, Joe Cornish, Antony Spencer, Phil Malpas, Clive Minnitt, Sue Bishop, Paul Sanders and many more exceptional landscape photographers with a huge range of knowledge.
What do you need?
- You need only bring your camera and an open mind.
- We will provide you with the knowledge, the views and the techniques for making the most of the light.
- You are the absolute priority and will not be left to fend for yourself, our leaders will be on hand to give you as much or as little personal attention as you would like.
We want you to go home from one of our tours or workshops feeling that you have been to some fantastic places, met some great people and had a fabulous time - but also most importantly, that you have learnt something new and feel confidence in your abilities as a photographer.
Our repeat business figures speak for themselves
- 93% of clients book again
- Over 200 clients have travelled with us more than four times and one intrepid client has travelled with us over 50 times!
- To find out more please have a look at our Testimonials page.
Meet the Team
We're a small but extremely warm and helpful bunch here at Light and Land HQ, based in the beautiful countryside of North Dorset. Our aim is always to put you first and inspire you to improve your photography skills, whatever your level. If you're passing this way do stop by for a cuppa.
The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Light and Land Ltd, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
1.non-flight packages and
2. flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EU are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Light and Land Ltd.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access the The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
Light and Land is also a member of the Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO). We adhere to the AITO Quality Charter. Visit website.