Light & Land
Call us on 01747 835608
Light & Land Terms and Conditions of Booking
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each holiday description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form.
17th April amendment - Please see below *
2. The balance of the tour price is due 12 weeks prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 12 weeks or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing. The date on which the email is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total tour price, and are as follows: 90 - 42 days before departure 50%; 41 - 28 days before departure 75%; 27 days or less before departure 100%. Any cancellation by the client for a one day workshop must be made in writing. If the cancellation falls within the 12 weeks prior to the workshop no refund will be given. If the cancellation falls before this period a refund will be given in the event that Light and Land can resell the place.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
5. Light & Land reserves the right to alter, postpone or cancel any holiday. Should a cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Light & Land. Should an alteration or postponement become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or keeping your funds in trust with us to use as a credit towards any other tour or workshop in future. In addition, in the case of cancellation and where cancellation is not due to underbooking or force majeure as defined below, we will pay you compensation on the following scale: more than 56 days before departure nil; 56 - 43 days before departure £10 per person; 42 - 29 days before departure £15 per person; 28 - 15 days before departure £20 per person; 14 - 0 days before departure £25 per person. For the avoidance of doubt, as Light & Land is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of holiday cancellation or amendment. You are referred to clause 16 below. In the case of Force Majeure, Light and Land reserves the right to retain monies paid and offer the client a credit for the funds received to use against another tour or workshop in the future.
6. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a tour for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to departure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, viral pandemics, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the holiday will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Light and Land Ltd, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following:
non-flight packages and
flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EU, which are sold to customers outside of the EU.
ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EU are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Light and Land.
In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call our 24/7 helpline on 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company.
You can access The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018/634/contents/made
11. Where airport/hotel transfers are included in the cost of the holiday, such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and Light & Land is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. You are referred to clause 16 below.
12. The type of holidays we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and holiday description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the holiday, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
13. Light & Land does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, viral pandemic, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
14. Light & Land accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
15.The Client at the time of making the booking with Light & Land represents that not only the Client but all individuals in the party are fit to travel.
16.It is the responsibility of the Client to inform Land & Land at or before the booking whether it is necessary to make any special arrangements as regards care or assistance with regard to the Client or any individuals in the Client’s party.
17.Light & Land reserve the right to assess whether the Client or any individuals in the particular party can be safely accommodated on the tour. Light & Land have an absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the tour.
18.Light & Land reserve the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel.
19.Please note that suitably qualified medical personal do not accompany the Light & Land tours. Neither Light & Land or any of their employees are equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Light & Land to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the tour.
20. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
21. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the holiday (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the holiday (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
22. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
23. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your holiday destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your holiday. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms of your own travel insurance as per clause 16 above.
24. By completing this online booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who completes the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
* Amendments to deposits and balance payments due to COVID19
For all bookings made between 17th April 2020 and 31 May 2020, clients may transfer bookings to the same or a new destination up until 60 days prior to departure, to an alternate date that departs before 31 December 2021. No amendment fees will be charged. If new dates do not work for you, deposits for bookings placed during this tour will be 100% refundable.