Light & Land
Call us on 01747 835608
Travel Advice and Light and Land Travel Policy on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
(Updated 23 Mar 20)
With increasing coverage in the media and elsewhere concerning COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we have decided to share information on our policy with you, as we know many of you will have questions about how it will impact on any current or future bookings with us.
As members of ABTOT, Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited, we are regularly monitoring the situation and are being kept directly informed about UK Government policy and travel advice as a result of COVID-19 as soon as it is released. Any decision to travel is ultimately for our clients to decide. However we believe that there is quite a bit of misinformation and speculation in the public domain and we believe we need to keep events in perspective.
COVID-19 Update - customer information - UPDATED 23rd March 2020
Light and Land is postponing ALL tours and workshops departing between 16 March and 3 May, 2020
The safety and wellbeing of our photography customers and tour leaders is our priority, therefore, effective Monday 16 March Light and Land will postpone all tours and workshops until 3 May 2020. Given the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 we have been adapting to the constantly evolving nature of this pandemic. Our policy will provide you with the assurance that your booking is secure with Light and Land to be used in the future.
Non-UK tours departing from 16 March 2020 to 3 May 2020
If you have booked a tour departing between 16 March 2020 and 3 May 2020 you will receive a credit of 100% to put towards an alternative tour with a departure date before 30 April 2022 (excluding flights and insurance). This travel credit will be automatically applied to your Light and Land booking.
All tours departing from 4 May 2020 - 31 August 2020
All tours departing from 4 May 2020 are currently still planned to go ahead. This may change as the situation develops and we will keep you updated on any changes. If you are booked on a tour departing after 4 May and are concerned about travelling, please do get in touch with us so we can discuss your options.
One Day UK Workshops
Currently our one day workshops taking place after 1st May are currently still planned to go ahead, however we are monitoring this daily and it may change as we continue to follow guidance by the Government. If you decide not to attend, we are happy to offer a credit note to be used against another one day workshop in the future. In the event that the workshop needs to be postponed, we will endeavour to plan a like for like workshop later in the year or into 2021. We will keep you updated on any developments.
We all need something to look forward to and so we are concentrating on listing as many of the planned 2021 tours as soon as possible, so that you have a good selection of destinations to choose from to transfer your credit towards.
Please know your money is safe (we are ABTOT bonded) and can be used for any tour in the future before 20 April 2022.
We are grateful for your support through this challenging time.
As this is a dynamic situation we do not intend to publish all the facts here - but rather to give you the direct links where you can read more about the situation to help inform yourselves from primary sources, rather than via mainstream media.
Practical advice and guidance can be found at the following links:
- The UK Government guidance and latest information on COVID-19 (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public)
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office Travel Advice (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
- Italy - On 25th February, the FCO advised against all but essential travel to 11 small northern Italian towns (Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo and San Fiorano in Lombardy and one in Veneto, Vo’ Euganeo). None of our itineraries in Italy visit these towns.
- World Health Organisation. They also publish daily reports here. (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/)
- Further information on coronavirus, including advice on preparing for foreign travel and helping reduce the spread of the virus, is available on the Travel Health Pro (https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/news/499/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-general-advice-for-travellers) website. In particular see the ‘Advice for Travellers’
In summary, we know that this can be a worrying time. Rest assured we will continuously monitor the situation as it develops. If in any doubt please get in touch.