Light & Land
Call us on 01747 835608
Travel with Confidence
A Safe Return to Tours and Workshops after COVID19
(Updated 2nd July 2020)
Here at Light and Land, we pride ourselves on delivering tours to exceptional places with exceptional photography tutors, and now the world is opening up again, we are excited to get out and about with our cameras once more. When you feel ready to travel again, we are here to support you and want you to book with confidence. Your safety, as well as the safety of our tutors, has always been a top priority, which is why we have introduced physical distancing and cleaning measures on all of our tours and workshops.
Our new 'Travel with Confidence' policy is constantly being adapted to comply with Government Guidance as we all safely return to life after lockdown. What we won’t change is our commitment to keeping you safe, as you have the time of your life capturing the incredible landscapes our world has to offer.
New Flexible Booking Conditions
- Refund Guarantee – We will refund you in full if we have to cancel the trip for any reason, or if you have to cancel your place because you or a member of your family is diagnosed with COVID-19 or is required to self-isolate. Transfer your trip free of charge to any other tour up to 8 weeks before departure. (Valid for new bookings made on or after 30th April 2020).
- Complete Financial Protection – Your money is safe with us. Light and Land is bonded with ABTOT (Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited) so your tour or workshop is protected.
Our Safety Charter
For each and every tour and workshop, we will follow these 5 practices to ensure your safety so you can concentrate fully on photographing.
Health and Safety
- Safe Destinations – we will only travel to destinations that have been approved for travel by the FCO.
- Enhanced Cleaning protocols – These will be detailed in the Risk Assessment but would include measures such as vehicles being thoroughly cleaned before entering and hand gel being mandatory before entering the vehicle.
- Small Group tours – our guided tours and workshops will remain small (between 5-14 photographers). Every participant will be required to complete a declaration prior to travel to state they are free of COVID symptoms.
- Updated Risk Assessments – We will undertake a thorough Risk Assessment for each and every tour and this will be sent to you prior to the tour. You will be asked to acknowledge that you will abide by the advice given to ensure the group’s safety.
- Facilities – we will check every location to ensure there are toilet and wash facilities open at the time of our visit.
Support when you need it – If you have any worries or concerns at any time before, during or after a tour, Emily will be there at the end of the phone to support you.
We use spacious, private vehicles restricted to your group members only. Your guide will ensure that customers use the same seat for all journeys in one day.
Each participant will be required to bring their own face mask/covering for each day of the trip - these are mandatory to wear in any transport or photography indoor locations.
Whenever possible, Vans will be ventilated by opening some front and rear windows.
Vehicles are thoroughly cleaned before departure, and daily throughout your trip. Hand sanitisers are readily available onboard where regular handwashing may not be possible.
- It may be necessary to use your own transport (*We will communicate directly with you on a trip by trip basis).
- Option to use your own transport and receive a discount on tour.
- L&L will check with each hotel to ensure they are abiding by government advice with Health and Safety.
- We will request a copy of all hotel’s risk assessments before we travel.
- Tutors will be there to undertake the required safety procedures and we ask you follow their instructions at all times.
- Tutors will be there to teach photography and for support. Please be considerate of other attendees and the tour leader by maintaining a 1m+ distance at all times.
- This may mean stepping away from your camera should the tour leader need to look more closely at your equipment.
Best Practices for joining a L&L Tour/Workshop
- Please bring your own face mask/covering for each day of the trip - These are mandatory to wear in any transport/indoor locations.
- Hand sanitising gel will be carried by the leader for the group but we would encourage you to bring your own as well.
- Please be considerate of other attendees and the tour leader by maintaining a 1m+ distance at all times.
- We ask you to please monitor your well-being in the days leading up to a trip, including measuring temperature and being aware of any C-19 symptoms.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver/form to confirm you are aware of the risks and have taken all necessary steps to encourage best practices on the tour and beforehand.
These measures are put in place to allow us to take you to incredible locations again safely. As the situation develops, our safety procedures may change in line with Government advice, so please refer to your individual tour or workshop notes and Risk Assessment for a detailed list of requirements for your specific tour.